[C320-list] Forgot the Biobor!

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 18:53:15 PST 2008

Bob-Agree with Mr. Walker's advice to check your filter in the spring.

Do you get your diesel at the marina fuel pump?  If so, check to see if they
offer anything like Valv Tect Marine Premium Fuels.  Here in the Chicago
area at Waukegan Harbor where I keep my boat, they have this as their normal
diesel fuel.  According to the harbor website:  ValvTect Marine Premium
Diesel and BioGuard micro-biocode is a high octane premium diesel formulated
with Diesel Guard and BioGuard. It is specially formulated to:
Prevent growth of bacteria and algae
Stabilize the fuel to prevent sludge
Disperse water to prevent corrosion
Clean-up and prevent fuel injector deposits to improve power and reduce fuel
consumption
Reduce smoke and odor
Reduce transom soot.

If you have something like this kind of fuel in your tank, I believe there
would be no problem.  The advantages look exactly like those on the bottle
of diesel additive I purchased a few years ago which is almost gone and
probably not to be replaced as long as I use the local fuel.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894