[C320-list] Pedestal Wiring

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 18:36:12 PST 2008

Lifting the pedestal and drilling another hole is exactly what I did.  Lifting the guard is not an easy job; it took 2 of us to wiggle it up enough to get a drill into the base.  Make sure you caulk well when putting everything back together again.

Also, the ICOM does not come with quite enough cable to get back to the radio; order the 10-foot extension cable when you order the radio.

Also, the fitting at the end of the ICOM cable that is supposed to plug into the back of the radio will not go through the tube and the instructions that come with the ICOM are clear - do not cut the cable.  So I called the company and they told me that as long as you splice all 9 or 10 color coded wires back together correctly, cutting the cable should not be a problem.  So that is what I did and reconnected them via a bus mounted on the bulkhead forward of the refrigerator compressor.  The radio has worked perfectly for about 4 years now with no issues.  This is a great upgrade.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD

From: "Chuck and Kathy" <katchu at chartermi.net>