[C320-list] Chartering in the Carribean

donauw at bellsouth.net donauw at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 10 03:29:31 PDT 2008

We've chartered twice with the Moorings in the BVI and had good experiences both times.  Nice base, well organized, very effecient.  Boats seemed well maintained.   Sailing in the BVI is fun - everything is close by.  Their provisioning is excellent.

Favorites spots include White Beach, Jost Van Dyke, Cooper Island (if you have divers - the RMS Rhone is an excellent dive and the dive operations will pick you up at Cooper), Leverick Bay on Virgin Gorda also very nice.

Also, have chartered with the Moorings in St. Martin.  Good experience there, as well.

Regards,

Don Dixon
Stargazer, #605
Washington Island, WI