[C320-list] SAIL Mar 09 re C320

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Mon Mar 17 08:33:53 PDT 2008

We have a new MKII and so far we love the wide cockpit.
The space in the cockpit is a joy, especially with the folding wheel option.
You are right about dimensions, I am 5' 11" and can't reach the other side,
but so far have not found that to be a problem. We did a race yesterday and
got moderate heel with no discomfort. As the factory folks told us, you
really shouldn't be healing too much anyway for max speed.

On the bigger boats, Catalina others add a cockpit table bolted to the floor
with a horizontal foot brace. We were told that a metal backing plate was
added in the cockpit floor of 320's starting just after ours to make
addition of such a table easy. I'm sure we could do it with a backer plate
under the floor, but so far are not seeing a need. I just transferred my
folding cockpit table from my C270 and bolted it to the pedestal. (At
Edson's prices, it was one of my most expensive toys on that boat)

John Frost
2007 C320 MKII, Hull # 1118
Lake Guntesville, AL