[C320-list] Wheel lock

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:33:24 PDT 2008

All

The wheel lock on 2001 #851 has never worked.  The design of the brake pads
and the diameter of the wheel shaft makes the mechanical arrangement not
responsive.

I have made up some spacers to add to the brake plate so as to move the
brake pads closer to the shaft to lock it but have yet to install them

I have discussed the non locking with the Edson people at boat shows and
they have never given me any satisfaction.

I think that the knurling on the wheel shaft has reduced the shaft size so
that there is no way that the brake pads can engage.  The hole in the "brake
plate must be narrowed in order to get the brake pads to engage.

This has been a bone of contention on #851 since we got it.  I proved that a
spacer on the brake plate will work by jamming a flat blade screw driver
between a brake pad and the brake plate.

Irv Grunes 2001 #851