[C320-list] Jack line and harness mounting points

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 04:45:13 PDT 2008

Stephen,

I use the cleats as Rollie suggests too.  In addition I added a set of
padeyes in the cockpit too.  The advantage of this is when sitting in the
cockpit you can clip on to the cockpit jack line which is more centrally
located and you can clip on before coming on deck from the cabin.  I use a
double tether and before unclipping from the cockpit jackline I clip onto a
fore and aft jackline attached to the cleats.  That way I am never
disconnected.

I added one padeye to the port side of the bridgedeck and the other near the
helm on the port side.  Both badeyes are mounted low and backed with
substantial backing plates.

>From a location standpoint they have worked well.

Larry
C320 #246