[C320-list] Refinishing the cabin sole

amshd2 at aol.com amshd2 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 14:51:27 PDT 2008

I used a Chemical stripper on mine first.?The best stuff I found is called Dads Stripper and can be found in a good hardware store.? This really helps to reduce the?sanding.??I used?a plastic putty knife and wipe the wood down with the cleaning stuff from Ultimate sole.? You can buy an off the?self version but I can't remember whats its called will have to go home and look.??

I then used 320 on a? palm sander lightly.??

Next you can steam?dents and?scratches?out.? This cuts down on trying to sand them out and?sanding to deep.? All you need is?an old Iron, some aluminum foil, rag and water.???? Wet the?area around the dent or scratch, place the aluminam?foil over the area and then apply the iron.? The steam from the?water will left grain of the wood and the dents and scratches out.? Repeat process as needed.?

I then sanded down lightly by hand. Wide down with?Ultimate Sole water cleaner.??? And you are ready to apply first coat of sanding sealer.

I then put down about 5 coats of the ultimate?sole.? I used an extra two coats.? It came out great?sole has that deep wet clear coat waxed look.? Looks like new sole.

Tony #30
????