[C320-list] flat screen LCD

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:01:30 PDT 2008

We bought a Sylvania 15" lcd W/dvd, $300.  It is mounted over the nav table
on a swing-out double jointed wall-mount bracket.  We run it on a 400W
inverter that plugs in with a typical 12V lighter plug.  A bigger inverter
may require larger cables and direct battery attachment.  Within 15-20 mi.
of major cities, Balt. Wash. DC, we get 2+ channels with a bow tie antenna
inside the boat.  Beyond that reception is catch as catch can.  We use it
mainly for DVDs.  Other than weather, I couldn't care less for most
programs.  In the Winter, we bring the TV home and use it in the guest room.
So far, two seasons, it has been fine.

Having said all that, the Chesapeake Bay is considered inland waters, mostly
fresh above the Bay Bridge, and not at all deleterious to equipment.  In
salty environments, especially on the open ocean, all bets could be off.
Otherwise, we have been very happy with the arrangements.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay