[C320-list] RADAR Cut the Cord?

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Sat May 3 13:46:56 PDT 2008

Bear has a RADAR mast resting on the starboard seat of the swim platform. I
am sure than in some situations this is a valuable addition to the boat; but
in the restricted river waters in which I sail and the conditions in which I
am currently willing to venture forth, I have no need of it and it is in the
way. At retirement in four years I expect to be moving to the Great Lakes
and would really benefit from the RADAR at that time.

I would like to remove and store the RADAR dome and mast for the next four
years. The easiest way to do this would be to cut the cable coming from the
mast and going through the transom. I would then like to install mating
plugs at each end of the cut wire which would allow me to install and
reconnect the RADAR at any future time without having to route cable into
the binnacle again.

Is this reasonable, or like a  speed/depth transducer cable, are you not
supposed to cut/shorten it?

Ready to launch on May 10;

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too