[C320-list] Chartplotter Internal Battery

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Thu May 8 11:30:00 PDT 2008

  5 or 6 years ago my 2 Garmin 48 GPS's which I believe were 'out of production' at that time had the same problem. I sent them to Garmin and they replaced the batteries, retained all my way points, and it was ALL FREE !!!!!
Stan
formerly # 656

>>> "Irving Grunes" <igrunes at gmail.com> 5/8/2008 1:05 PM >>>
Hi

We got an error message on our chartplotter and one of the boat partners
sent this message:
Can anyone help???

"I checked the Garmin manual to find the message from the chartplotter.
According to the Garmin manual, the message was "Memory Battery Power is
Low"  This means "The internal battery that stores waypoints, routes, and
track plots needs to be replaced.  Take your unit to an authorized GARMIN
service center for installation of a new battery."

That doesn't sound good.  Since the model has been discontinued, service may
not be available.  As best I can tell from the web site, the Kansas factory
is the only authorized service center and the 230 chartplotter does not
appear on their list of repairable devices.  I did find a posting that
somebody had gotten that message for a while until the unit finally failed.

Irv - maybe somebody on the C320 list has an answer."