[C320-list] Rub Rail Loose

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Mon May 19 07:44:58 PDT 2008

I have had it come out and replaced it with lots of labor, but I also
replace the complete thing and that is a real job. Plastic will
shrink with age and the softer ones tend to harden with age, so if
your is loose it is easy to put back in with lots of hand labor and
maybe a mallet but don't use tools or you will scratch the anodized
aluminum strip. Once it gets too old and has shrunk you will find
that you have to put it back in more often and that is why I replaced
mine. Got into a big argument with Catalina about the stuff they sent
me and proved myself correct so Jerry sent me a letter of apology and
thanks for straighting out the parts supplier. How do you sand it
without damage to the aluminum????

Pat #130

At 09:20 AM 5/19/2008, you wrote:
>Irv,
>I had that problem and was able to get it back in by the judicious of a
>plastic 1" paint scraper and a rubber mallet.
>Bruce
>Somerset #671 SoCal

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc