[C320-list] Cunningham

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 16:34:40 PDT 2008

To reduce friction on the single-line reefing, I attached a reef hook to the
end of the reef line at the luff and hook that in the reef cringle in the
luff.  This eliminates some major friction and avoids the solution some have
used by attaching a block at the reef cringle.  When I want a cunningham, I
move the reef hook to the cunningham cringle, pull it taught on the stbd
mast cleat, and that's it.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River