[C320-list] Genoa: 120 v 150

Henderson, David dhender at allstate.com
Wed May 28 13:16:32 PDT 2008

I purchased my 320 in 2005 and sail it primarily in the light winds of
Cape Cod Bay.  In retrospect, after three seasons with the 150, I wish I
had opted for the 135.  The 150 just doesn't hold any kind of decent
shape when partially furled, and it is big and unwieldy to handle.
Further, I am not convinced that performance is significantly better
than the 135 in any conditions.  And while we're on the topic of
hindsight, I also wish I had purchased the regular main with the
Dutchman system, but the broker who sold me the boat talked me into the
in mast furling, which is convenient and generally works OK, but I know
I am losing out on performance with that decision.

Dave
Dottie B  1049