[C320-list] Racor FUEL Filter

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:24:02 PST 2008

I need help and encouragement for changing my
RACOR SPIN-ON-SERIES R15P Fuel filter.

Some time ago there was a thread on this ... memory tells me that it was
good to use a quality plastic bag and nappies to soak up any spillage.
Questions:
1) do you first turn the Fuel OFF at the top of the Racor Filter assembly?
2) which bolt or screw do I access to do this Turn-Off on the Racor?
3) is it hard to loosen and remove the R15P filter?
4) do "O" rings come with the new Racor?
5) on my Yanmar 3YM30 is it easy to bleed at the Secondary Filter?
6) any other advice/procedure is appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce Stanley
C320 #1084 / Sydney Australia