[C320-list] Using 3M 5200

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 15:26:10 PST 2008

All:

I'm installing shelves in the 'stateroom' cabinet.  I'm reluctant to
use screws (how thick IS the 320 hull, anyway?) to secure the 1X1 wood
strip supports on which the shelves will rest.  Other options are
either fiberglass or 3M 5200.  I'm going with 5200, leading to the
following question:  Must I sand the white 'flowcoat' down to the
fiberglass (as I did when glassing in the 2X2 supports for the aft
third water tank), or does the surface simply need to be clean and dry?

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906