[C320-list] Yanmar Silent Recall

Tue Nov 25 11:47:42 PST 2008

Folks,

Silent recalls are industry standard, all manufacturers of engines do it,
Westerbeke is just as culpable--perhaps you've had it on your engine but
being silent, you don't know it!

Why silent, I have no idea but like I said, happens all the time...that's
why it's a good idea to contact the area distributor--Mack Boring,
Boatswains Locker, etc--a couple times a year, give them your engine model
number and see what recalls, if any, are in effect for your engine
model/type. Some of these folks can put you on a 'hot list'

             "R Airis"
             <rairis at comcast.
             net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.catalina
             320.com                                              Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Yanmar Silent
                                      Recall
             11/25/2008 11:38
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

Why is this a "SILENT" recall? Are they trying to hide the problem?
A recall should be sent to every owner of those affected hull  numbers.
Catalina should know what Yanmar engine numbers went into each  hull !
They should fix the problem even if beyond warrenty times!

I`am happy to have the Westerbeke

Bob   #266