[C320-list] Return of the Freshwater leak...

Sat Nov 29 19:36:55 PST 2008

Start all over again, put some food coloring in the water tank and see if it shows up in the bilge...if nothing, get a different color and apply some at the bottom of the chain plates, turn on a hose, really spray it down (keep applying the food coloring) and see if it shows up in the bilge...
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Bernie Garrett" [berniegarrett at telus.net]
Sent: 11/29/2008 07:06 PM PST
To: <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com>
Subject: [C320-list] Return of the Freshwater leak...

Hi all,

The leak is back!  I went down to the boat today and found about a gallon
and a half of Fresh water swilling around in the area below the sink (I have
the drawers out) and spilling into the bilge . I can`t figure out where it
is coming from as it doesn't seem to be the water tanks or heater and I am
beginning to suspect rain ingress. We have had quite a bit this week.

The forward bilge and water tank is dry, and I have marked the water tanks
level to see if it is from the internal plumbing somewhere. In the meantime
any ideas where that amount of external water could be getting in as I can`t
see anything obvious. Hatches are all tight.

Regards
Bernie

Antares

Point Roberts, WA