[C320-list] Return of the Freshwater leak...

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 19:46:47 PST 2008

Bernie,

That is a fair amount of water. Hopefully it is not coming from
outside the boat. So have you determined yet whether or not it is
from the internal tanks?

I, too, had a leak that took me a couple weeks to figure out. In my
case I eventually isolated it to one of the clamps on the water lines
under the galley sink. The clamp on one of them had worked itself
loose, perhaps from repeated expansion and contraction due to temp
changes over the years. An easy fix, but the devil to find.  After
some intense inspection, I saw the general area where the water was
coming from. Then I had to cut an access hole through the bottom of
the cabinet to find the Grand Central Station of all the water lines,
where I quickly found the offending clamp. Dry the bilge, then look
for a rivulet, then follow it. Your boat is older, like mine, perhaps
the same kind of thing could be happening.

If nothing is apparent, try Orlando's food color method.

Good luck,

David Nolte
Beach House #4

On Nov 29, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Bernie Garrett wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> The leak is back!  I went down to the boat today and found about a
> gallon
> and a half of Fresh water swilling around in the area below the
> sink (I have
> the drawers out) and spilling into the bilge . I can`t figure out
> where it
> is coming from as it doesn't seem to be the water tanks or heater
> and I am
> beginning to suspect rain ingress. We have had quite a bit this week.
>
> The forward bilge and water tank is dry, and I have marked the
> water tanks
> level to see if it is from the internal plumbing somewhere. In the
> meantime
> any ideas where that amount of external water could be getting in
> as I can`t
> see anything obvious. Hatches are all tight.
>

> Regards
> Bernie
>

> Antares
>
> Point Roberts, WA