[C320-list] Mainsail hard to raise

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 17:16:39 PDT 2008

All:

Has anyone ever had issues raising their (in mast furling) mainsail
past roughly the two thirds point, almost requiring winching to raise
it fully?
We've had this issue since we bought the (used) boat.  I don't think
there's any 'burrs' in the furler track; I'd expect rips in the luff
if that were true.
I'm wondering if the roller furler might have gotten bent, although I
can't imagine how.  By comparison, the roller furling jib goes up its'
own track smooth as silk.
Another question is how does one access the furling mechanism for
inspection/repair, once the mast is unstepped?  Perhaps that's a
question for Charleston Spars.

Regards,

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906