[C320-list] 2nd mainsail reef line

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Thu Oct 2 16:37:27 PDT 2008

John,
After a particularly rousing sail from Marina Del Rey to Santa Barbara we walked straight into West Marine after tieing the boat up and purchased the second reefing line.  I believe we used 90' of 3/8's inch line, we got the line dimension from the C320 manual.  Thankfully there was a messenger line in the boom that allowed us to reve the line through.  As we were on the road as it were at the time we had to use a block on a snap shackle as a turning block at the base of the mast.  I think there is also a drawing of how to reve this line in the manual.
We were fortunate that the previous owner had installed two extra line breaks on the cabin top.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal