[C320-list] Bracing Dingy Davits

Tim chillinonahd at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 17:43:28 PDT 2008

I  have the Forespar davits on my C320 and use them to carrry a 10'-4' Mercury Hypalon dingy (about 100 lbs) w/o the engine and to hoist a Johnson 15hp two-stroke (about 100 lbs as well) onto the aft rails (pulpit?). I've noticed that that port side rails (opposite the engine) seem to be leaning more aft and the gap at the swim ladder is larger than on the starboard side. Upon further inspection, it seems the rails have moved outward/aft a bit as there is a small gap between the stancion base towards the cockpit side (opposite the transom). So, that all said I like to know if there is anyway to support/brace these before they come off and take a piece of my transom with them. I was thinking of a brace from the step on the swim platform to the rail. Anyone have similar issues, come up with any creative solutions? Or...can I support the existing parts by tightening up the bolts?

Thanks,
Tim
Calypso