[C320-list] ICW & Great Loop questions

CDickhut2 at aol.com CDickhut2 at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 10:59:55 PDT 2008

Bob -
Been there done that, have the T shirt. In 2005 -2006 we went from  Buffalo,
NY to Charleston, SC via the ICW. I read the article in Sail magazine  & it
brought back some GREAT memories. Several of the places mentioned we  visited &
for the most pat I agree with the article. Why go inside and not  outside? If
you want to get to Florida in a hurry, go outside or better yet take  I-95.I
With the ICW it is the journey not the destination. Places to see, towns  to
visit, great anchorages and most of all the people you meet. Not only fellow
sailors but local people were some of the kindest folks we have ever met. We
were warmly greeted wherever we went. Still keep in touch with many of them. I
would be happy to e-mail you the logs of our trip if you are interested. Aside
 from cruising guides and chart books I can suggest two books which make
interesting reading.
1. "Honey, Lets get a Boat" A Cruising Adventure of America's Great Loop,  by
Ron & Eva Stob
2. "A Year in Paradise: How We Lived Our Dream" by Stephen Wright  Watterson

The ICW trip was my dream.

Capt Chuck Dickhut
USCG Master
S/V Obsession