[C320-list] Sailing in the SFO Bay and Pacific

Chef Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Tue Oct 14 16:26:27 PDT 2008

1.	Salt water is relatively cold in San Francisco so there isn't a lot
of marine growth.  Keep the boat clean.  (I strongly recommend against Pier
39 unless you want to be part of a circus and don't want to go to your boat
during the summer.  Let's put it this way, it is like having a dock off of
Disneyland without parking.)

2.	I have had my boat 9 years.  It is hull 218.  Never painted prop nor
shaft.

3.	The ocean here is interesting.  There are generally two types of
conditions:  no wind out there or "OMG we are going to get killed."  Many
boats do safely sail to the areas you mention, it is a function of time.

4.	I have owned two boats in the Bay and have sailed here extensively
since 1979.

5.	Racing options are unlimited.  Join any yacht club (some are only a
few hundred a year like mine, some are many thousands like the St. Francis)
and you have unlimited possibilities.  Personally I don't race but I can put
you in touch with people who can.

6.	If you are visiting before the move I will take you sailing with
notice.

7.	Fleet One is not active.

8.	For more information contact me off list at 650-465-5858.

9.	You will need a double reef or furler main and a 100% or smaller jib
for summer and large jib for winter.  Sailing is wonderful all year.  I have
been out around 40 times so far this year sailing well over 1,000 nm this
year all within SF Bay.

10.	I have had boat in 50 knots of wind inside the Bay.  Boat is fully
ocean certified.  It can handle more then you can.  By the way, there is
already a non-320 with your boat's name in my marina.

Adam