[C320-list] stripe relplacement?

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Fri Oct 17 12:04:39 PDT 2008

Boomerang is a 1994 and we had the same issue. We replaced the strips and
the name on both sides this spring. We ordered the materials from a local
marine sign shop.

Taking the stripes off was lots of work, we were recommended to use an
orange (citrus) based remover and then clean up with alcohol. This worked
well but was time consuming.

We did the stripes with the boat on the hard this spring. Working over head
is hard on the back and arms. It is very tricky to get them parallel and
keep them straight, but it came out looking great in the end. As my dock
neighbor says, as long as it passes the 10 foot rule, ie) don't look too
closely.

I would strongly recommend you get the stripes both together on one backing
sheet so you don't need to work as hard on keeping them parallel. We used 2
separate stripes, one burgundy and one dark blue and applied them one at a
time. That was the tedious part.

Kirk