[C320-list] Standing Rigging

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:42:08 PDT 2008

Irv, from what I hear, a boat on the Chesapeake (mostly fresh up here)not
raced, well cared for can get 15-20 years on the standing rigging. Ours is
15yrs, and no sign of rust or pulling out of the swages. I do spray the
turnbuckles and where the wire enters the swage with McLube every spring.
Clean as a whistle.

The key is to inspect every year, know what to look for, and replace on any
doubt or concern.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay