[C320-list] overheating alarm

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 08:19:22 PDT 2008

Hi Susan,

Have you completed any maintenance tasks recently?

The reason I ask is because I experienced an unanticipated overheating
reading on my temperature gauge. I was convinced that I had a bad gauge but
discovered that I had pinched a lead wire while removing the thermostat to
ensure that I did not have an avoidable problem getting back home. The wire
from the temperature sender was pinched under the valve cover when I last
adjusted the valves and some time passed before the insulation cracked and
grounded the wire against some bare metal and hence an overheating reading.

Something to check out if the sending wire may be grounded in route to/from
the alarm or gauge.

Rick

My-Ria 277