[C320-list] Wintering South vs drydock North

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 11:56:06 PDT 2008

All:

My wife and I discussed the following today:  Rather than drydocking
our 320 during the New England winters, why not lease a mooring
anywhere south enough (Carolinas, etc.?) where it's warm enough to
remain in the water over our winter, reversing the process for the NE
summer?  We'd fly down to the boat a couple of weeks each winter and
enjoy her, rather than have her sit on the hard up here.  Up here, our
mooring leasing fee is ~$1200/season; drydock fee is ~$1100.  If we
could secure a southern mooring at similar cost, why not?  There are a
few other issues (vessel health, welfare, & security, etc.) that would
have to be addressed, but we don't think they're insurmountable.  Has
anyone else on list ever done this or considered it?

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906