[C320-list] Remotes for AutoPilot

Tim chillinonahd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 15:27:11 PDT 2008

Does anyone have any experience with the two Raymarine remotes for their autopilots? There is about a $100 difference between the two with the more expensive one working like a repeater providing depth, speed, wind and rolling road info. It also have rechargable batteries. The later is something the boatyard raised as a concern since a) there is always a power drawn to keep the unit charged and b) if not charged and needed you can not replace the batteries like the less expensive model.

I do like the fact it repeats all that data. Any one have experience with these "toys"?

Tim
Calypso

p.s still on the hard getting repaired from the lightning strike. I went down there the other day and saw what was left of my VHF antenna...took the top right off like a plasma cutter!!