[C320-list] Remotes for AutoPilot

Mon Sep 1 16:01:59 PDT 2008

I have the bigger module, love it to death,

When the co-skipper is on watch during our frequent night crossings, I can check what's going on while taking my nap...

We usually over-night just the two us and we do 2-on, 2-off watches so this helps me keep an eye on things and not have to get up or yell up to the cockpit...
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Tim [chillinonahd at yahoo.com]
Sent: 09/01/2008 03:27 PM
To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Remotes for AutoPilot

Does anyone have any experience with the two Raymarine remotes for their autopilots? There is about a $100 difference between the two with the more expensive one working like a repeater providing depth, speed, wind and rolling road info. It also have rechargable batteries. The later is something the boatyard raised as a concern since a) there is always a power drawn to keep the unit charged and b) if not charged and needed you can not replace the batteries like the less expensive model.

I do like the fact it repeats all that data. Any one have experience with these "toys"?

Tim
Calypso

p.s still on the hard getting repaired from the lightning strike. I went down there the other day and saw what was left of my VHF antenna...took the top right off like a plasma cutter!!