[C320-list] foreign dues checks

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 15:40:02 PDT 2008

Our US bank does not accept checks drawn on foreign banks.  When our membership service sends them in the bank deducts the amount from the deposit and in addition charges us $5.00 for doing so.  They then return the checks to me and I have to return them to the payor.  I have instructed our service to return these checks directly to the member before sending a bank deposit.  If you are part of our wonderful international group please use Paypal or send a draft drawn on US funds.

I also thought about asking Governor Palin to bring this matter up in her meetings with foreign leaders.  (oops there goes Alaska)

Pat Reynolds