[C320-list] Remotes for AutoPilot

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 18:16:32 PDT 2008

Tim-Get the Raymarine remote autopilot with the digital repeating function.
I installed one last year and hang it on the cabin sole next to the sail
sheet bags.  It greatly helps with sail adjustment from the cockpit without
having to run back to the helm to check on results.  I repeat AWA, AWS and
Boat Speed and any other of interest..  The 60 series Raymarine instruments
are on my boat and you cannot repeat true wind angle.  I hid the sending
unit in a storage cabinet in the cabin.  You have to hook the sending unit
using sea talk cables to the back of one of the instruments so you have to
purchase the extra cable.  I used around 30 feet of sea talk cable and had
to thread the cable through one of the pedestal legs after drilling a hole
in the leg near the Navpod. and then down the leg and along the port side
existing wiring.

The remote autopilot function is used on occassion.  The repeating function
is why I bought the unit.  On Hull 894 there is no easy way to put wired
Raymarine repeaters anywhere near the cabin sole or under the dodger without
wires showing inside the cabin.  You can put a repeater on the mast base but
it would be next to impossible to do this with the mast up.

You can charge the unit from your boat batteries.  Just hook up the
autopilot to a charging cable supplied by Raymarine.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894