[C320-list] anchoring

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 06:34:33 PDT 2008

Adam,

Although this has never happened to me, I've seen a few posts here in the
past on this happening...particularly with wing keels. More chain will
certainly help, but another solution is to use a 'Kettle' on your road.
Essentially a weight that you slide down the rode to keep it parallel to the
sea floor. This increases holding power, and keeps the length of rode from
your bow to the bottom more perpendicular to your keel. You can look at a
product from NZ called the 'Kiwi Anchor Rider' or make one yourself by
filling a coffee can with cement and imbedding an eye at the top....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582