[C320-list] Hurricane Ike spares Amore

Bryan Campbell bcampbell at valp.net
Tue Sep 16 20:15:09 PDT 2008

Chris, I've been through several Hurricanes.
1. FEMA doesn't have squat to do with your boat.
2. If you have any damage call your insurance company.
3. Get an initial in the water assessment if you have damage worth a claim
(remember your deductible).
4. Do not settle on the initial claim. Wait till the boat is on a yard and
the repair or survey folks can estimate the cost of repairs.
5. Then get an initial payment and arrange a meeting of the insurance dude
with the repair folks to discuss the no shit costs.
6. Don't finalize anything with the insurance shits till the job (whatever
it is, is done to your satisfaction.

Cheers, Bryan