[C320-list] prop paint

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Fri Sep 19 14:59:30 PDT 2008

Following is the Interlux procedure I have used several times for painting
the prop.  One year, I did this and had to re-haul the boat about 3 weeks
after splashing, only to find that the paint was totally gone from the 3
blades.  2 years later at next haul-out, the shaft had good paint on it but
that was it.  There also is considerable controversy as to whether or not
the underwater metals even should be painted.  As for us, I won't paint
again but do grind down the prop and shaft to squeaky-clean. - Allan Field

Sand with 80 grit to remove all old paint.
-	Bring metal to shine with medium emory cloth.  Remove residue.
-	Apply 1 thin coat Viny-Lux Primewash 353/354.
-	Allow Primewash to dry minimum of 1 hour but no more than 24 and
apply 4 coats Interprotect 2000E/2001E.  See dry times on label.
-	Apply 3 coats of Interlux Trilux 33.

TEMP	2000E/2001E DRYING TIME	IMMERSION
41 degrees	8 hours	36 hours
50 degrees	8 hours	30 hours