[C320-list] LED lighting

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Tue Sep 30 09:37:32 PDT 2008

Yesterday I installed an LED anchor light from Mastlight.com.  This is
worth checking out if you are looking to reduce power consumption on the
hook.  The particular model I used was their "BA15S Tower 18 White LED
12V", part number BA15ST18W.  It runs $20 plus shipping.  This is a
replacement for the bulb in my Hella anchor light.  Others might have a
different anchor light.

I don't know if the replacement bulb gives the full two mile visibility
advertised by Hella for their fixture.  But last night it seemed plenty
bright enough for all of the anchorages I encounter on the Chesapeake.

I also tried using some of their replacements for the halogen cabin light
bulbs but was disappointed in that the lights seemed too dim.  Has anyone
found a satisfactory LED replacement for the halogen cabin lights, ideally
one that gives approximately the same color light?

Scott Thompson
Surprise, 653