[C320-list] Maxprop RPM v. boat speed

Wed Apr 1 17:19:39 PDT 2009

Those seem awfully low for a Maxprop..
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Sea Chalet [seachalet at charter.net]
Sent: 04/01/2009 08:07 PM AST
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Maxprop RPM v. boat speed

I've got a Maxprop on my 2001 C320 with the 3GM30 engine.  I'm wondering
if I have the pitch set properly to achieve maximum boat speed and
engine RPM.
This is what I measured (avg. of opposite directions):
2000 rpm - 4.3 kn
2500 rpm - 5.3 kn
3000 rpm - 5.8 kn
3200 rpm (max.) - 6.1 kn.
How does this look?   Should I be getting higher speed with higher max.
rpm?  Are there any other resources out there to check?
Thanks, all.
Pete Peterson
Sea Chalet