[C320-list] Catalina 445

Chef Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Fri Apr 17 21:52:43 PDT 2009

I had the privilege of going on board hull number one of the brand new 445
today (won't even be christened until tomorrow).  It is truly an amazing
boat.  It is, in my opinion, the best boat the Gerry Douglas has designed
since the C320.

I was on board three times for about a total of an hour.  With ultra
critical eyes the only negative comments are that there needs to be more
opening ports in the main cabin and an overhead handhold on centerline in
the main cabin is needed.  Now, that's about as perfect as life gets.

It's not a party boat, but it is a very well thought out and designed
cruiser.

The heck with asking you guys to buy me a folding prop. Could you buy me one
of these instead?

Adam