[C320-list] Magical hot water heater?

Martin Bayly mbayly at telus.net
Mon Aug 10 13:47:34 PDT 2009

Still getting to know my 2005 C320 #1023.

One thing that is perplexing me is that we're getting hot water from the hot
water tap.

On the AC section of the instrument panel there is a breaker switch labelled
water heater, which I'm assuming operates an immersion style water heater.
However, I've never turned that on.

Yet, somehow we're still getting hot water.  We just spent a week on her and
were plugged in a fair bit, and also ran the engine a fair bit, so is there
some other mechanism by which the water in the heater gets heated?

We also have a dealer installed Eberspacher Hydronic cabin heater system
which seems to be a diesel run hot water heater attached to a blower.  This
system has a rotary thermostat on/off control and a separate hi/lo/off
switch which I think operates the blower.  But I have not had that turned on
all week either so I don't think that has been heating the hot water.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Serendipity #1023