[C320-list] Whale Fittings

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 09:40:12 PDT 2009

I have the standard 15mm Whale fittings on my fresh water  system.  They
all come apart as they should except the two 90 degree  fittings that go into
the hot water heater.  The connection away from the  heater pops off as
normal with the cap that secures it sliding away from the  connection.  However
the side that connects to the water heater will not  come off...hot and cold
same problem.  The cap will not 'pop' off.   When I try to pop it off with
a small screw driver, it will come partially off  at that one point, but
that's all.  It's off far enough so the cap that  should come off is tight
enough so that it cannot be turned so I can get at the  other opening on the
opposite side to try to get it off.  The other  problem is that the fitting is
so close to the heater that there is not enough  room for the cap to slide
back ...which appears to be why it won't pop off in  the first place.

Any suggestions certainly appreciated.  Thanks.

Bert
At Ease