[C320-list] Zincs

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Aug 17 11:42:16 PDT 2009

How many zincs you need seems to be very subject to where you keep the boat.

Having seen what happens to your prop shaft and prop when you lose your shaft zincs, I am overly protective.

I sail in salt water and have a 5 month season.  We keep the boat on a dock with lots of (caugh) powerboats.  We put on 2 new zincs every season even though they only 1/4 used.  Should one get damaged and fall off the second one is still there.   Keep them several inches away from the strut so that water can flow through the cutlass bearing.

-JeffH