[C320-list] dreaded winterization

wflowe3 at netscape.net wflowe3 at netscape.net
Thu Aug 27 13:32:22 PDT 2009

Although I hate the thought of it, fall is coming and with it will be my first 320 winterization. On my last boat, a Beneteau 281, I was able to disconnect and bypass the water heater and use a small compressor at the fresh water pump to blow out the fresh water lines to the galley and head.? I never used the pink stuff in my fresh water system. On my? 2008 320 (hull 1146) the water heater is under the counter by the galley sink and I can only get to the hot water "out" hose so I'm not sure I can bypass the water heater. If I cannot, all the air from my compressor will be lost in the water heater and I won't get the lines empty. Does anyone else winterize without the pink stuff and if so, how?

Any winterization tips for all systems will be appreciated.