[C320-list] Help with salt

Ray Durand durand.mail at verizon.net
Mon Aug 17 08:15:06 PDT 2009

With our boat in Marina del Rey, we also have to deal with rust.  After
several years of fighting it, we discovered it's not what chemicals you use,
it's a choice of either washing the boat down and towel drying the stainless
after a sail or getting out the chemicals every few months.  If you dry off
the stainless after hosing it down with fresh water, we discovered there's
no (or minimal) rust.

Actually after our 60th birthdays, we decided to treat ourselves to even a
better solution.  We now have the boat professionally maintained on a weekly
basis.

Ray Durand, #822