[C320-list] Raymarine GPS fix?

Peter Herron peteherron at mac.com
Wed Aug 19 16:06:15 PDT 2009

Andrew,

I think you are right.  What I had remembered about GPS not
recognizing newer satellites is from this Raymarine FAQ, and it only
applies to WAAS signals, which my old stuff doesn't use anyway.

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently decommissioned two
WAAS GPS satellites (PRN 122 and PRN 134), and the activated two
replacement satellites (PRN 135 and PRN 138). The WAAS firmware in
certain Raymarine products does not recognize satellites 135 or 138.

All of the Raymarine products affected continue to receive the
standard GPS signals and therefore are safe for navigation."

Petes