[C320-list] Raymarine GPS fix?

Jerry Brown jbrown03 at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 19 17:47:39 PDT 2009

I also have a Garmin unit (525S).  It never fails to find and maintain a
signal and has a built in Antenna.  We have at least 10 Raymarine units of
various vintages up to the current series on a mix of power and sail boats
at our club.  they all have trouble finding and maintaining a signal at
various times, often cutting in and out when in use.    Others have Garmins
and also find them bulletproof

I suspect the Raymarines are simply not to the same standard........