[C320-list] Mast Step Water Leak

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 25 11:42:12 PDT 2009

Jeff is certainly correct about the drain.  Here in Texas, we have lots of wasp dabbing mud nests inside the mast and the drain hole is always clogged-----so, I drilled a couple of offset holes around the mast--as Jeff suggested--about 3/4 inch above the base.  Once a month I use a fireman's nozzel to force water into the mast via the holes I drilled-----WOW what a lot of muddy water runs out the other holes, but for the last 14 years I have had no water enter the boat via the compression post.    Be certain to offset any holes you drill.
Ken OBUOY #219