[C320-list] Engine Miles

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Tue Aug 25 17:55:49 PDT 2009

Good advice Rick.

BTW, just to be clear, bairdrjb at aol.com, it's engine hours that the
"odometer" counts, not miles. In fact, if you assume an average
cruising speed of about 6 miles per hour, those 500 hours would
translate to about 3000 miles, or a trans-Atlantic motoring!

My boat (1993) had 527 hours on it when I bought it 5 years ago. The
original owner had put 27 hours on the boat in 5 years. My friend,
whom I bought it from, added 500 in 5 years. We have added 50 per
year. Looking forward to hundreds (thousands?) more.

David Nolte
Beach House #4