[C320-list] Engine Miles

Rick Evans ericstillwellevans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:37:44 PDT 2009

My initial feedback is that story sounds fishy but 500hours on a yanmar isn't anything.

2nd doesn't matter what the owner or the yard says do your on inspection walk around the boat. What do you see?

Do things look ship shape?
Are the lines worn?
The winches do they click nicely and turn in both gears or not?
What's the bilge look like? Is it dirty nasty and filled with water or look like its clean?
How does the running rigging look? Any newly replaced or is it old and tired?
The sails? Look well cared for or stained and ripped?
How does the engine compartment look? Clean? Like its taken care of? Or filthy?

After all that is done and you have an initial take and feeling on the boat. Ignore whatever the owner and yard/broker tell you and hire your own surveyor read the report and make your decision.

Make sure you do a short haul out of the water and the surveyor checks everything.

Good luck
Rick 724
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile