[C320-list] Mooring or Slip

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 17:48:15 PDT 2009

Andrew:

Less than $400 a month, including parking? You live in LaLa land. Two nights
at a slip in downtown Boston, with shore power, costs nearly that much.
Houses in SF must be in the $25,000-$50,000 range.

Slips are easier for the crew to get on and off? The crew is Bet, for whom
Sure Bet is named. She and I manage just fine with launch service. (There
are no slips at our club.) Loading and unloading gear? Usually no more than
three bags. What's the problem? Guests? Let them use the head in the club
before they get on the launch. Kids? The grandchildren. Once a season. On
the launch.  Laundry facilities? The washer/dryer is just steps from the
master bedroom of our condo.

If you're paying less than $400 a month for a slip in SF, I'd recommend
selling your house and moving onto the boat. But don't ever move to the
northeast.

jack