[C320-list] cold weather sail: a few pics

Kevin onedrop7 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 15:36:00 PST 2009

I thought I'd share a few photos from a lovely cold weather solo sail I did on the Chesapeake on Sunday. Self shots were done with a timer and flexible tripod.

http://kevjot.com/photos/091206sail/

It took about an hour to get the snow and ice off the deck to head out, but once I was out it was a beautuful but unseasonably cold day -- mostly sunny, temps in the high 30's, winds 10-12. I had a blast.

Any other cold weather sailors among us? How low will you go? (temperature-wise, though I know wind and sun factors into the decision)

Kevin

--
Kevin Rooney
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211