[C320-list] Bent out of shape

MICHAEL COLE mcol3781 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 20 22:12:06 PST 2009

Brad to prevent the boom from moving around I use the furling line  which I have set up to round a block/cam cleat (all one unit) which when sailing allows the genoa to be cleated at various degrees of unfurling.  When at the Marina I use it to lash the boom in a central position (after tightening the mainsheet) by carrying it over to a cleat on the starboard side. I do this principally to reduce wear at the gooseneck but of course it would fulfil your requirement also.
   I must say when I think of your winters and all that it entails re your boats I shudder.  Winter here in Sydney means you wear a sweater and a windproof coat when sailing !!
     I enjoy this list and wish everyone a Merry Xmas and a healthy and great sailing New Year
                  Mike Cole   #421  Mio Dio